View GRAX/MV 2/8 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Feb. 6 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Foot Pursuit (green on map), 9:15 p.m., Feb. 6, Arlington Drive/Vernon Square Drive, Officers conducted a traffic stop for an equipment violation. The driver fled from the scene and was apprehended. Denairo Peyton, 26, of Alexandria, was charged with driving on a suspended operator’s license and served on an outstanding warrant.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Robbery (red on map), 11:55 p.m., Jan. 31, 7100 block of Huntley Creek Place, A 60-year-old man was in his garage when a suspect entered. The suspect brandished a handgun and demanded jewelry. The suspect fled with nothing, and the victim was not injured. The suspect was described as male, black, 20 to 25 years old, approximately 5’10” and 155 lbs.
Robbery (red on map), 8 p.m., Feb. 1, 2900 block of Arlington Drive, Two suspects entered a restaurant and demanded cash from the cashier. The cashier complied and they fled. Both suspects were described as black, male, 18 to 20 years old, approximately 5’10”.
Graffiti (purple on map), 8:15 a.m., Feb. 3, 7900 block of San Lenadro Place, Spray painted images and words were found on a fence and building. The owner was informed for removal.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 5900 block of Bangor Drive, money from residence
- 4200 block of Buckman Road, medication from residence
- 7500 block of Calderon Court, checkbook and headset from residence
- 3200 block of Clayborne Avenue, tools from vehicle
- 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, beer from business
- 4300 block of Pembrook Village Drive, gun from vehicle
- 6100 block of Richmond Highway, two dollies from vehicle
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway, electronic device from business
- 7900 block of Richmond Highway, electronic device controller from business
- 8200 block of Richmond Highway, carton of cigarettes from business
- 3100 block of Sherwood Hall Lane, purse from business
- 3300 block of Southgate Drive, purse from vehicle
- Telegraph Road/South Kings Highway, purse from vehicle
- 8800 block of Vernon View Drive, wallet and cash from vehicle
- 6600 block of Tower Drive, cell phone from residence
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.