Free Document Shredding at MVHS Saturday
Fairfax County Solid Waste Management Program hosts free document shredding for residents.
Fairfax County Solid Waste Management Program will host free document shredding at Mount Vernon High School on Saturday.
Fairfax County residents may bring up to five medium size boxes of documents per vehicle to the shredding event.
Prohibited items include:
- BINDERS of any type (3-ring, plastic, spiral, metal)
- Plastic document covers
- Wet or moist paper
- Hanging file folders with metal support bars
- Metal binder clips
- Electronic media including computer disks and diskettes or CDs
- Books, either hardback or paperback
- Magazines, catalogues and newspapers (unless just the page with the address)
- Film or photographs
Fairfax County will not shred documents for businesses, even if documents are delivered by an employee who is a county resident. T
Procedures are as follows:
- Residents drive through a line as directed by staff.
- For safety reasons, residents MUST remain in their vehicles.
- County staff remove boxes from cars and trucks and empty paper into rolling carts.
- Once full, the carts are taken to the shredding truck where they are emptied into a shredder.
- All documents are shred on-site by the end of the day.
- Written certification of shredding will not be provided.
For additional information, please contact the Fairfax County Solid Waste Management Program at 703-324-5230, TTY 711.