Mount Vernon HS Students Take Top Honors at Regional Science and Engineering Fair
Fifteen MVHS students were recognized for their outstanding work.
Mount Vernon High School sent 19 students to the Fairfax County Regional Science and Engineering Fair at Robinson Secondary School last weekend. Of these students, 15 were recognized for their outstanding work.
MVHS students receiving honors include:
- Sarah Valencia, First Place in Chemistry
- Callista Skaggs, First Place in Environmental Analysis
Second Place winners include:
- Bailey Lustig, Second Place in Chemistry
- Meagan Cantwell, Second Place in Environmental Analysis
- Megan McKinney, Second Place in Environmental Analysis
- Gabrielle Ocker, Second Place in Microbiology
- Adel Lahlou, Second Place in Physics/Astronomy
- Megan Cole, Second Place in Plant Science
Third place winners include:
- Madison Pessel, Third Place in Biochemistry
- Mimi Zhang, Third Place in Physics/Astronomy
The following students received honorable mention for their categories:
- Maxwell Pessel, Honorable Mention in Animal Science
- Helen Sudhoff, Honorable Mention in Medicine/Health Science
- Sonia Francone, Honorable Mention in Medicine/Health Science
- Carmina Galvez, Honorable Mention in Microbiology
- Cassandra Pelky, Honorable Mention in Plant Science
Sarah Valencia and Callista Skaggs will compete at the Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair, which takes place on April 5 and 6 at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Virginia.