New ACVA CEO Introduced at Superstar Awards
Patricia Washington and her staff awarded exceptional Alexandria staff.
The new CEO of the Alexandria Convention and Visitors Association (ACVA) made her first appearance at its Tourism Marketing Forum on Friday night.
Patricia R. Washington and her staff recognized individuals who contributed to the success of ACVA in 2012 during the annual forum, which was held at Historic Mount Vernon for the third year in a row. Recently appointed Mount Vernon CEO Curtis Viebranz welcomed guests to the event.
“This is a wonderful introduction for me to the many ways in which ACVA collaborates with its membership,” said Washington in a release. “I am excited to be in Alexandria for many reasons, including the compelling stories our businesses have to tell. These awards are great examples of how we will work in partnership with the entire Alexandria tourism community to amplify Alexandria’s appeal.”
The following organizations and individuals were recognized with Superstar Awards Friday:
- The City of Alexandria’s Office of Communications, Director of Communications Tony Castrilli and Communications Officers Jennifer Harris, Justin Thompson, and Andrea Blackford
- Sandy Modell and Allyson Teevan of Alexandria Transit Company and the King Street Trolley
- Christy Borrel of the Crowne Plaza Old Town and Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria - Historic District
- Mellenie Runion of Truly-Life Eco Gifts
- Sandy Wargowski of the Alexandria Visitors Center