View MV, FH, HBH 11/9 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Nov. 7 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault/Fraud (red on above map), 8400 block of Richmond Highway, 11/4/12, 1:50 a.m. The victim worked at a restaurant where several individuals became disorderly. He was allegedly punched by the suspect, Gilberto Arevalo, 29, of Alexandria. Arevalo fled on foot and was pursued by officers. He provided a fake name to officers because he was wanted in another jurisdiction. Arevalo was charged with assault, drunk in public, obstruction of justice, and providing false information to avoid arrest. The other jurisdiction was notified of the arrest.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Stolen Auto (yellow on above map), 8700 block of Richmond Highway, 11/1/12, 6:45 p.m. The victim reported she lost her keys and her car was missing. Officers received a look-out for the vehicle and found it traveling on Richmond Highway. The driver, Bettye Clements, 52, of no fixed address, was charged with stolen auto and driving while revoked.
Burglary (blue on above map), 2800 block of Camellia Drive, 11/2/12, 4:40 p.m. A resident reported that someone entered the home and stole several electronics. Forced entry was made through the front door.
Burglary (blue on above map), 2600 block of East Maple Street, 11/5/12, 3:30 p.m. A resident reported someone entered his home and stole cash. Forced entry was made through a window.
Burglary (blue on above map), 6900 block of Clemson Drive, 11/7/12, 10:00 a.m. A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
Robbery (green on above map), 6200 block of Richmond Highway, 11/7/12, 1:50 p.m. Two suspects entered the business, brandished a handgun and demanded money. They stole cash from the register and purses and wallets from the employees. The suspect fled and no one was injured.
Larcenies (purple on above map):
- 4400 block of Flintstone Road - change from vehicle
- 7200 block of Groveton Gardens Road - jewelry from residence
- 3800 block of Joshua Place - cell phone from business
- 6800 block of Moon Rock Court - change from vehicle
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - purse from business
- 7700 block of Richmond Highway - wallet from business
- 7800 block of Richmond Highway - beer from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway - wallet from business
- 9100 block of Richmond Highway - front tag from vehicle
- 8200 block of Russell Road - coat from church
- 7900 block of Silverada Place - cell phone charger, controller and electronic game from residence
- 8300 block of Wagon Wheel Road - cell phone from business
Vehicle Thefts (pink on above map):
- Richmond Highway/Sacramento Drive - Ford Mustang