In the past two weeks, two burglaries, one robbery and one attempted robbery has occurred in the Mount Vernon Police District, according to Fairfax County police.
In the 7900 block of San Leandro Place, a man was robbed by two individuals at 9:20 p.m. on Sept. 15 while walking home. The individuals took the victim’s wallet and cell phone. The victim was not injured during the incident.
A few hours later, officers responded to a commercial burglary alarm in the 8700 block of Richmond Highway. Responding officers found the front door of the business smashed, and several items were taken.
In the 3400 block of Lockheed Boulevard on the morning of Sept. 16, a 57-year-old woman reported she was robbed the night before. The victim was walking when two men attempted to snatch a bag off her shoulder.
A citizen passing by in a vehicle flashed his headlights which startled the suspects who then fled. The victim was able to hold on to her bag.
At 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 17, a burglary was reported in the 6300 block of Golf Course Square. A resident returned home to find an unknown individual nearby. After entering his home, the resident found someone had entered through an unlocked back door and stolen a jacket.
Paul Marshall, 46, of Fairfax, was charged with burglary, possession of stolen property, destruction of property and drunk in public.
Franconia and West Springfield police districts also dealt with several burglaries in the past few weeks.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
- Officers heard several gunshots at 4:10 a.m. on Sept. 15 near Pelican Place/Pintail Court. The officers searched the area and recovered a pistol. No victims or suspects were found.
- At 1:35 p.m. in the 7700 block of Richmond Highway, Denis Vargas, 36, of Alexandria, allegedly pushed an employee after being confronted about possible shoplifting on Sept. 16. When officers responded, Vargas was spotted several businesses away where he allegedly resisted arrest. Vargas was charged with assault, concealed merchandise, larceny and obstruction of justice.
- A Jeep Cherokee was stolen from the 7900 block of Bayberry Drive.
- A Toyota Avalon was stolen from the 8500 block of Richmond Highway.
- A cellphone was stolen from a residence in the 4200 block of Alcott Street.
- In the 8400 block of Blankenship Street, a table was stolen from a residence.
- A cellphone was stolen from a business in the 8100 block of Fernlake Court.
- A bicycle was stolen from a residence in the 4200 block of Fordson Road.
- Twelve chainsaws were stolen from a vehicle parked near the 8200 block of Frye Road.
- Cash was stolen from a residence in the 7900 block of Janna Lee Avenue.
- In the 2500 block of Parkers Lane, a computer was stolen from a residence. Tools were also stolen from a vehicle on the same block.
- A wallet was stolen from a school in the 8300 block of Richmond Highway.
- Beer was stolen from a business in the 6300 block of South Kings Highway.
- Jewelry was stolen from a residence in the 1000 block of Waynewood Boulevard.