On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Oct. 31 from the Mount Vernon Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Man Missing from Alexandria (yellow on above map), Police are continuing to search for Mohammad Sharif Yazdani, who was last seen Wednesday, Oct. 24, around 4:30 p.m. He was last seen by relatives at his residence in the 3800 block of Havenwood Place.
Yazdani may appear to be confused and disoriented and speaks limited English. He frequently walks in the Alexandria area of Richmond Highway. He is white, 64, 5 feet 6 inches, 160 pounds with brown to gray hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt, gray sweatpants and blue “Crocs” style shoes.
Sunday, Fairfax County Police, along with trained search and rescue volunteers and dogs, searched the southwest area of Huntley Meadows Park.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Chris Flanagan at 703-246-7860 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131 or contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637, or e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Bank Robbery (red on above map), Police are investigating a bank robbery that occurred Wednesday, Oct. 24. Around 1:30 p.m. a man entered the TD Bank located at 6615 Richmond Highway, implied he had a weapon and demanded money from a teller. The teller complied and the suspect fled. There were no injuries during the incident.
The suspect was described as black, 5 feet to 10 inches to 6 feet tall, 180 to 210 pounds and wearing a reflective construction vest with orange reflective stripes, blue pants or jeans and a construction hard hat.
Assault (blue on above map), 9100 block of Cherrytree Drive, 10/25/12, 5:15 p.m. Officers were called for a solicitor in the area. They located Tenesha Bell, 27, of Alabama. Bell was arrested for soliciting without a license and allegedly became disorderly to include spitting on one of the officers. Bell was subsequently also charged with assault on a police officer.
Assault (blue on above map), 7900 block of Richmond Highway, 10/26/12, 9 p.m. The 26-year-old victim reported she was in a near crash with another vehicle. Words were exchanged and the altercation became physical. The victim was struck several times and received minor injuries. The suspect fled.
Unlawful Entry (green on above map), 3600 block of Derwood Lane, 10/26/12, 2:30 p.m. A resident returned home to find an unknown individual in the home. The suspect claimed he had permission and left. Nothing appeared disturbed or missing.
Larcenies (purple on above map):
- 2600 block of Arlington Drive - military gear from business
- 3600 block of Becherer Road - weapons from vehicle
- 7200 block of Fairchild Drive - phone from residence
- 5800 block of Fifer Drive - clothes from residence
- 6000 block of Richmond Highway - cash from residence
- 6300 block of Richmond Highway - purse from business
- 7300 block of Richmond Highway - remote controlled toy airplane from business
- 7800 block of Richmond Highway - two cases of silverware from business
- 7800 block of Richmond Highway - two bottles of wine and beer from business
- 7800 block of Richmond Highway - CDs and chargers from business
- 7900 block of Richmond Highway - health and beauty items from business
- 8200 block of Richmond Highway - bottle of wine from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway - bottle of liquor from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway - merchandise from business
- 8600 block of Richmond Highway - vodka from business
- 9100 block of Richmond Highway - cell phone from business
- 2300 block of Wittington Boulevard - backpack from vehicle
Vehicle Thefts (turquoise on above map):
- 3100 block of Furman Lane - 1994 Jeep Grand Laredo