Russell Road House Fire Displaces Two Adults
The fire was contained to the living room of a single-family home.
A fire at a home on Russell Road in Mount Vernon early Sunday morning has displaced two adults living in the home.
The fire broke out at 2:35 a.m. at the single-family home in the 8100 block of Russell Road. The fire was visible from the living room window at the front of the house, said Fairfax County Public Information Officer Dan Schmidt.
“Firefighters started an aggressive fire attack to the first floor,” said Schmidt. “They brought the fire under control in five minutes.”
The fire was contained to the living room area and the walls sustained some water and smoke damage. Damages are estimated to cost $25,000. The Red Cross is assisting the residents.
The fire was caused by an unidentified electrical source, said Schmidt.