1. Say No To Drugs: MVHS will host its . Tonight's presentations will be conducted in English and in American Sign Language.
2. FCPS Open House: Fairfax County Public Schools Career and Transition Services will hold an . This open house will explore services for disabled students as they transition from school to adult life.
3. Mangia!: Eat, as they say in Italian. If you're not headed up to a restaurant in Old Town or D.C. for Restaurant Week specials tonight, why not stay local and take advantage of a long-running dinner special at Mike's Italian Restaurant? For only $27.95, you can purchase dinner for two with a bottle of wine. Perfect for a mid-week date night with your sweetie.
4. It's (Almost) Samoa Season!: Mark your calendars for February 19, 2011. You guessed it - Girl Scout cookies go on sale in the D.C. metro area! As the date gets closer, the Girl Scouts of the Nation's Capital will have more info as to when and where booth sales will be held. Girl Scout cookie sales are a tradition (hey, I sold them once upon a time), and you support local Girl Scouts while stocking up with Thin Mints and Samoas. So if you know a Girl Scout, please send her our way - we need Tagalongs, stat.
5. Have You Heard?: There has been some buzz this week about former U.S. Senator and Mount Vernon resident George Allen. According to Politico, Allen plans to tell supporters within a week that he will try to reclaim the Senate seat he lost to Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) nearly five years ago. The 2012 Virginia Senate race could be "one of the hottest races in the country", according to Politico.