President's Day is Monday and many government offices and services will be closed. The following is a rundown of some of the closings.
There will be no mail delivery from the U.S. Postal Service on Monday, according to its Web site.
Most banks will be closed on President's Day. According to the Wells Fargo site, the bank will be open.
In observance of President's Day, most federal and government offices and schools are closed. The day is listed as a federal holiday. The following offices and services in Fairfax County are closed in observance of President's Day:
- Fairfax County Public Schools and School Offices
- Fairfax County Government
- Fairfax County Libraries
- Fairfax County Courts
- All Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) programs and offices including Fastran, community, teen and senior centers
- The trash and recycling administrative office
RECenters across the county will open for regular hours. The following offices and services are operating on modified schedules on Columbus Day:
- Fairfax County Park Authority Nature Centers and Parks: All parks and nature centers are closed; Frying Pan Farm Park will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the visitor center open 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Transit services such as the metrorail and the metrobus will run on a holiday schedule:
- For the metro, planned track work will continue to affect certain routes on the Red line, Blue line, and Orange lines.
- The Fairfax Connector is running a holiday weekday schedule with the exception of routes 335, 394, 395, 585, 595, and 597, which will not be in service.
- The Virginia Railway Express (VRE) will be closed.
- Alexandria’s DASH system will run a Saturday schedule. The King Street Trolley will operate on a normal schedule from 11:30 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
- Only five Arlington Transit routes will run on Monday and operate on Saturday schedules. They are routes will run ART routes 41, 42, 51, 77 and 87.
Trash and Recycling Collection
Monday will be a regular solid waste collection day for Fairfax County customers who receive trash and recycling collection service on Mondays. Trash must be at the curb by 6 a.m. for pickup.
The Recycling and Disposal Centers at the I-66 Transfer Station (4618 West Ox Road) and the I-95 Landfill Complex (9850 Furnace Road) will be open and operate on a regular schedule.