By Rachel Hatzipanagos
The Fairfax County Park Authority is hosting a T-shirt design contest for youths ages 12 to 18. The contest is mean to promote the county’s “Take Back the Forest Initiative” to restore native habitat on parkland.
The winner will receive a $50 REI gift certificate and a free T-Shirt. Volunteers will wear the winning T-shirt design while removing non-native invasive plants at clean-ups scheduled from April 15 through May 15 of next year.
The park authority has released the following guidelines on art submissions:
- All artwork must be original
- Maximum of three colors
- No gradients or transparent layers
- Size must be 12 x 12 inches
- Include the words "Take Back the Forest" in the design
- Artwork may be submitted online as PDF file (10MB max)
- The winning design will be selected by a panel of judges
- Artwork will not be returned
Visit Take Back the Forest website to view the full rules and enter the contest. For more information, please contact Erin Stockschlaeder at 703-324-8681.
The deadline to submit a design is January 10.