Two Mount Vernon High School students shadowed Delegate Scott Surovell (D-44th District) in Richmond last week during the Third Annual Amundson Institute program.
Founded by former Delegate Kris Amundson as the Young Leaders program, the Amundson Institute gives students in the Mount Vernon and Lee Districts a look at the legislative process. The Amundson Institute included student athletes and leaders with an average GPA of 3.74. During their time in Richmond, students attended committee meetings and met with lobbyists and Senators Puller and Ebbin.
This year's participants represented West Potomac High School, Mount Vernon High School, and St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School. This year's group of students are as follows:
- Gordon Baer of West Potomac
- Darian Cashku of West Potomac
- Laraib Ilyas of West Potomac
- Trish Racho of West Potomac
- John Day of St. Stephen's St. Agnes
- Adel Lahlon of Mount Vernon High School
- Ben Deneault of Mount Vernon High School