“It’s the most wonderful time of the year” So the old song goes. In many ways that’s true. It is.
And in just as many ways, for just as many people, it is not:
- When you’ve lost someone you love, whether this year or twenty years ago, and you face another Christmas alone
- When someone dear to you is deployed overseas
- When you’ve lost a job or been “down-sized”
- When these uncertain economic times weigh heavy and there won’t be either a Lexus or a Lego under the tree
- When the kids won’t be able to make it in for Christmas or,
- When you can’t be there either
It’s the "most wonderful time,” and it can also feel like the “most loneliest time," of the year.
So, this year, Epiphany Lutheran Church of Mount Vernon 5521 Old Mill Road, will offer a special “Blue Christmas” worship on the longest night of the year, Wednesday December 21st at 7:00PM. We will acknowledge those hidden “blue” feelings, light candles, share stories and remember. And we’ll remind each other what we really celebrate this time of year. Emmanuel. God with us. In all things and on whatever path we walk. We are never beyond God’s embrace, and despite appearances to the contrary sometimes, we are not walking our path alone.