Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens
Located just off the George Washington Parkway, the Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens has much to offer. Mount Vernon was the home of our nation's first President, George Washington, who dedicated nearly 50 years of his life to expanding the property and tending to the sprawling gardens. Nowadays, visitors can tour the mansion and take sightseeing cruises along the Potomac that offer a glimpse into life at Mount Vernon during the Colonial period. The Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center and the Ford Orientation Center include 25 galleries and over 500 artifacts which tell the story of George Washington's life and presidency. Be sure to visit the estate's website and check out the calendar for upcoming events.
- Hours: Daily, 10am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: The first floor of the Mansion is wheelchair accessible. The estate has steep grades and rough paths that can be difficult to navigate, so please use caution.
- Ticket information: Ticket prices are $15 for adults, $14 for seniors and $7 for children ages 6-11. Free admission for children under 6 years of age. Annual Passes grant visitors unlimited admission for one year. The Annual Pass is $25 for adults and $10 for children.
- Buy tickets online [link]: secure4.gatewayticketing.com/MountVernon/shop/ViewItems.as…
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The Mount Vernon Estate was purchased in 1860 by the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association, which still maintains and operates the estate to this day. The Mount Vernon Ladies' Association is a private nonprofit which was formed in order to preserve the estate.
- Features: Benches
- Services: Food/drink, Gift shop, Restrooms, Tours
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No outside food, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 200 acres
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Audio tours?: Yes
- Audio tour languages: English
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Open daily. March - October: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. November - February: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cameras allowed?: No
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual