Rachel McMillan Carter is a Realtor for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Old Town Alexandria. After more than a dozen years' experience in government, lobbying and Fortune 100 companies, she joined Coldwell Banker because of the outstanding level of service, technological sophistication and success they have with their clients. She has spent nearly 20 years serving the Northern Virginia community through civic associations, churches and schools, heading up many charitable and outreach events. Rachel is a designated Energy Smart Real Estate Specialist and can help you evaluate your home's energy profile or assist buyers looking for energy efficient homes. She is also certified in staging and can show you how to put your home in its best light for sale.
Rachel worked on Capitol Hill, then as a government relations professional for two large corporations. She also managed business development, projects and corporate staff efforts. She was the Deputy Director of a consulting firm before becoming a Realtor.
- B.A., Government and International Studies, University of South Carolina
- M.A., National Security Studies, Georgetown University
- Accredited ASP® Home Stager
- Designated Energy Smart Real Estate Specialist
- Licensed Realtor in Virginia
- Graduate of Potomac Leadership Forum, Mt. Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce
- Budget Chair, Board of Directors, Mt. Vernon Civic Association (2003-4)
- MVCA Budget representative to the Mt. Vernon Council of Civic Associations (2003-4)
- Chair of many committees at Good Shepherd Catholic Church; Mothers’ Support Group, International Festival Childrens’ Games co-chair, contributor to Strategic Planning for the church
- Vice President of Lower School Association of Parents and Teachers for St. Stephen’s and St. Agnes School, Room Parent for 5 years, chair or coordinator of various school efforts